Thanks to technology, modern customers order online, over landlines, and from their smartphones. With so many e-choices, it’s no wonder some businesses ask, why use printed catalogues? But the fact is that catalogue marketing is still thriving for businesses around the world. Retail giants like Amazon and IKEA rely heavily on catalogues, and customers are still drawn in by these printed tools.
While it might be expected that the ecommerce boom would cause traditional marketing mediums like print catalogue to become extinct. In fact, the print catalogue revival demonstrates that old approaches don’t die, they evolve.
At Not Just a Copy Shop, we can help you use print catalogues as a key part of your comprehensive marketing strategy!
Why Print Catalogues are Relevant
The print catalogue has not only survived, but is experiencing a revival. Retailers that started online are actually ‘going retro’ and have begun printing their catalogue again. Why? Because the numbers suggest that print catalogue are a good investment, and are popular among consumers.
In a survey conducted by Kurt Salmon, a global management consulting firm, 86% of women in the age range of 18 to 30 have purchased a product after seeing it in a catalogue Powerful numbers like these are one of the reasons retailers are migrating back toward print catalogues.
But the use of the print catalogue has also evolved. In the past, consumers would choose their purchase and either mail back an order or phone into a call center. Now, catalogues serve as a first “glance” at your products, while buyers often purchase online or at a store. In the study mentioned above, 64% of those who first saw an item in a catalogue ended up completing their purchase in the store, and 32% went to the retailers website to buy it.
Multichannel marketing is key to success, and catalogues play a part of multichannel marketing. Recent results from a catalogue mailing campaign by menswear brand Bonobos showed 20% of first-time buyers placed their orders after receiving a catalogue, and they spent 1.5 times more than first-time buyers who did not receive a catalogue.
Catalogues are cost-efficient. An average print catalogue costs $1 to produce, but generates about $4 in sales for its brand.
You reach people at home, work, everywhere. Product catalogues work because they help brands reach larger audiences. More leads = more conversions!
Print catalogues are tangible. Catalogues offer valuable information immediately; while online information means more work and filtering through many pages. Also, print catalogues tend to keep an audience longer than web pages. Catalogues are left on tables, in doctors’ offices, and on bus and taxi seats. People hesitate before throwing something tangible out. It’s much easier to close a browser window than it is to throw away a catalogue.
9 Tips for Great Product Catalogues
- If you want to have a beautiful product catalogue, work with a designer. At Not Just a Copy Shop we offer you three design options. Upload Your Own Design, use our Design4Print Service, or take advantage of our talented designers.
- Send catalogues a few times a year: when new products are coming in or as the season changes. People like to see new things, so show them!
- Limited time offersinstill a sense of urgency in buyers. If they are presented with a good offer, they typically convert faster, boosting your sales.
- Visual content is the best. Don’t use long, boring descriptions. People don’t want to read, they want to see. Draw them in with stunning images of your product.
- Avoid Obvious Stock Photos. You need original photos of your own products if at all possible.
- Display the price for each item. The price is a very important piece of information, so it should always appear in your catalogue.
- Tie your catalogue to your online services. Each product from the catalogue should have a link to the product page in your e-shop.
- Share your catalogues on social channels. Catalogues should be part of a comprehensive marketing plan. Post them online to receive comments and shares them increase the exposure of your products catalogues.
- 9. Work with us at Not Just a Copy Shop! We have an experienced team that can help you with all aspects of catalogue production from concept to mailing!
Your Trusted Print Shop on the Gold Coast
If you want to reap the benefits of a print catalogue strategy, contact Not Just a Copy Shop. We can help you grow and acquire a larger customer base. We provide all the information, advice, and assistance you need to get your print catalogue marketing campaign up and running.
Not Just a Copy Shop offers the highest quality printed products at great prices with the finest design and support services available including copywriting services and cutting edge graphic design. We make your promotional and personal printed products the best products on the market.